Proverb

A woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her the product of her hands,
And let her works praise her in the gates." (Proverbs 31:30b-31, NASV)

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Lord's Provision

When I arrived at work this morning, I saw a stack of papers printed with the schedule for the next four weeks. After highlighting my shifts and counting the days, I found that I was short a shift for three weeks in a row! As I took deep breaths, my mind scrambling to figure out what I would need to do to remedy this, God was already making things happen, and after an unexpected series of events, I now find myself scheduled to work full time each week, and I am even earning overtime today. In the course of a single hour, our Heavenly Father made it so I had just what I needed.

It is often easy to place a sense of "control" in the hands of other people - in this case the hands of the manager who made the schedule. When I first saw it, I thought, "Drat! What about bills? What am I going to do?" My emotions started to edge toward worry. But my provision does not come from man, it comes from God. I am under His schedule. And His provision is so good. So never doubt Him. For as he feeds the fouls of the air (Matthew 6:25-34), He will take care of you, too. His loving grace is so great that I continue to be amazed by it and continue to be grateful for it.

Image from wallpaper4god.com

Always,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment